Monday 6 October 2014

SkinYoga Miniature Collection (reviews)



SkinYoga is a 100% natural skincare brand founded in 2013. Behind this wonderful treat for your skin are three sisters, Radhika, Jagriti, and Deepika Chaudhary, who have always believed in the power of nature and have quite lived and loved a chemical-free life themselves! Read more about how it started here.




I stumbled upon this brand while looking for a green tea serum online (my online research never ends!). One link led to another and I was in the Envy Box store. The name SkinYoga immediately caught my attention :). I knew I had to try it. Who remembered the green tea serum then? I am all biased toward anything that says organic, ayurvedic, all-natural, etc. Can't really help!

SkinYoga has a limited range presently, but believe me each product is quite power-packed. Also, I guess they are constantly expanding the range as I just saw a couple of new products on the site. Considering the price and the brand being new, I wanted to try the samples first, and so ordered the miniature collection. The products came in little cardboard box with a slider lid. The face scrubs and pack came in beautiful glass vials fitted with cork tops. The body scrubs were packed in sachets. 

Miniature Collection 




Price: Rs 995

DESCRIPTION

The SkinYoga engraved Small Wooden Gift Box includes randomly selected 5 of the below miniatures:

1. Almond Orange Face Scrub - Miniature

2. Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask - Miniature

3. Green Tea Face Mask - Miniature

4. Coffee Body Scrub - Miniature

5. Coconut Sea Salt Foot Scrub - Miniature

6. Post workout Neem Purifier - Miniature

7. Masoor Body Mask - Miniature

8. Oats and Roses Face Wash - Miniature

9. Orange Body Scrub - Miniature

I got the following 5 products:


1. Almond Orange Face Scrub 


DESCRIPTION

Net Wt. 5.67 g 

The goodness of Almonds and Orange works wonders to cleanse and repair your skin. It hydrates and exfoliates mildly to give a smooth skin and a flawless complexion.  You will be able to tell the higher quality of the ingredients on your very first use.



INGREDIENTS    

Almonds, Sun Dried Orange Peel, Gram Flour and Organic Turmeric

MY EXPERIENCE

You have to add some water to the scrub to make a paste. This scrub is not harsh. The granules feel soft on the skin. I have a very sensitive skin, and it suits me perfectly. It is milder than the Forest Essential narangi ubtan, if you compare the two. In fact, it is the mildest powder scrub I have used till date. I mean how I feel after adding milk to the FE ubtan, the same aftereffect I get here with water. I guess with milk, it will be much hydrating. So it will be perfect for winters. This doesn't have a strong smell, but it smells of besan when wet. It doesn't dry out the skin like other scrubs. And yes it did remove my blackheads. Highly recommended.


Full size: 50 g
Price: Rs 1175

2. Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask


DESCRIPTION

Net Wt. 5.67 g 

For Anti-Aging and Fairness

The goodness of sandalwood will reverse the signs of aging and gradually remove wrinkles and dark spots. Saffron will improve skin texture and also naturally make skin lighter and more radiant. The anti-oxidants found in walnuts are essential to skin regeneration and elasticity. Walnuts also include chemicals that help boost circulation, bringing oxygen and nutrients to your skin cells quickly.


INGREDIENTS

Walnut, Sandalwood, Saffron

MY EXPERIENCE

I thought about writing this whole review only because of this out-of-the-world fantastic product. Fairness is something I have never cared about. It has always been about clear, healthy skin. I was actually expecting the least from this and it completely took me by surprise! If you look at the ingredients, you'll find that all three have been said to be used in tons of products around us. Walnut shells in dreadful scrubs! Drying clay packs in the name of sandalwood! And saffron!!! the best marketing gimmick of brands making fairness creams and packs. So, I thought, "OK, let's try." 
There is no floral, fruity, heavenly fragrance. You just add some water, make a paste (which is granular but not harsh) and apply. Even when I was applying it, I was thinking that I should have skipped it. I kept it for 10 minutes, as it was dry by then. Then while washing it, it started giving me this yellowish tinge, and I cursed the moment I applied it, thinking whether it has turmeric. But...within seconds, it transformed to this light oil :). The mask was washed off and only this moisturizing ingredient was there. For me it is a miracle product, as I have never used such hydrating powder mask. After a couple of strokes and few splashes, I patted the face dry. No yellow, no dryness, no tan, just a healthy glow! I was soooo happy that I actually forgot to put my moisturiser. But I felt I actually did not need it. Seriously, I mean I have this superdry skin and Dehradun winters are chilly. This is hands-down THE BEST face pack for that dull, winter-dry skin. Oily-skin people, please steer clear. And yes, the yellow tinge, I believe it was ACTUALLY saffron!!!!


Full-size: 50 g
Price: 1395

3. Green Tea Face Mask


DESCRIPTION
Net Wt. 5.67 g

For Acne Control

 Inspired from the ancient Japanese skincare regime, this green tea based, antioxidant rich face mask slows aging and wrinkles. This is a 100 percent natural acne control formula that removes toxins from your skin and gives you a more youthful appearance.  Organic Green Tea works as a very effective sun guard and acne control agent. Rice flour acts as a natural whitening agent and adds glow to the skin.


INGREDIENTS

Rice Flour, Organic Green Tea

MY EXPERIENCE

Of all the samples that I got, I was the most excited about this as I have never used a green tea product. I actually wanted to buy a serum (as I have mentioned in the beginning). Green tea is said to be really great for your skin. It is rich in anti-oxidants and helps in cell regrowth. But it has to be pure to show any effect. Rice flour fades the pigmentation effectively, so no acne marks. My sister uses the mixture of rice powder and milk as a cleanser and pack and she has this ageless skin!  
This mask is a pale green powder with a grainy texture. I don't have acne problem, neither do I have oily skin. But I do have redness on my cheeks. I mix this with honey just to avoid dryness, as this mask is meant for oily skin. I keep it till it is semi-dry. The redness (and itchiness) is greatly reduced in one use. I love it. But I guess someone with acne issues will be better to give any judgment.


Full-size: 50 g
Price: Rs 1750

4. Post-workout Neem Purifier


DESCRIPTION

Net Wt. 22 g 

For Bacteria-Free Body

Neem leaves are the best answer to all skin problems. The bitterness of neem will help you get rid of bacteria and various skin allergies. Regular use will help you free from unwanted body odor. This anti-inflammatory and medicinal body wash can be used regularly for post exercise shower.


INGREDIENTS    

Barley Powder, Pure Coconut Meal, Pure Neem Leaves.

MY EXPERIENCE

This is a really good scrub for the underarms. Mild yet effective, just what I need. It is really great for those pre-waxing scrubbing sessions. The addition of barley is really praiseworthy as it is known for gentle exfoliation and sebum regulation without drying up the skin. This product does both. I thought it would leave a very pungent neem smell afterward, but it was not so strong. The purifier I believe will work on bacne, as barley unclogs the pores and neem is great for treating infections. Post- or pre-workout, it is good. 


Full-size: 200 g
Price: Rs 1550

5. Coffee Body Scrub


DESCRIPTION

Net Wt. (not mentioned) 

Reduces Cellulite and Stretch Mark 

The caffeine enhances fat metabolism and removes liquid and fat from your skin, ultimately reducing the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. The natural oil moisturizes and nourishes your skin. This scrub also treats inflammation and protects your skin from sun damage.

INGREDIENTS

Ground Coffee Beans, Pure Coconut Oil, Pure Sesame Oil


MY EXPERIENCE

This is another star product from this collection. I really love how the coffee granules are not abrasive. It is almost like a fine, dry paste (I hope I am making sense!). I don't have cellulite or stretch marks and honestly speaking I don't think it can have any effect on them in just a couple of uses. The scrub smells delicious, looks delicious! Perfect for those weekly indulgences. It is not drying at all. The skin feels really smooth after use. A must-buy for winters :)

Full-size: 200 g
Price: Rs 850

Overall verdict

I have truly loved all the products from this collection. My favorite would be the sandalwood saffron mask :) and then the orange scrub. I actually wanted to try the rose-oat face wash, which I did not get by the way, and so ordered this collection. But I am so happy to use all. This miniature collection is the best way to try these no-fuss all-natural products. I haven't seen such sorted ingredient list in a long time! 
But I think they should provide a little online form (asking about the skin type and all), before taking up an order as the products are sent randomly. Or they can have a miniature collection according to the skin types.



You can buy the products on SkinYogaMy Envy BoxAmazon, and FabBag.

Do try one! Hope the reviews were helpful :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?