Wednesday 22 October 2014

My Envy Box (October) Curated by Vogue India


So this is my first Envy Box! Honestly speaking beauty boxes don't really fascinate me. But because October marks the first anniversary of My Envy Box and this box was specially curated by Vogue India, I thought it would be quite special :) Let's see what all it has got. . . .






Price: Rs 850 (1 month)


I got the following samples:


1.



2.




3. 





4.


5.




When I got to know about the Anniversary box, I knew I had to have it. It was curated by Vogue India, and for me that meant getting the products that won Vogue beauty awards this year. You see my fantasies never end!
Talking about the samples, the only thing new for me here is the Potion 9. I am really looking forward to using it, though I also heard about its reformulation and how it is not that good any more. 
Other than that, I have used all the samples provided in full-size forms, so it was not very exciting for me. I believe the Estée Lauder serum is a good thing to be included, for those who want to try it before paying a whopping amount of Rs 5200 for a full-size product, but it is too less to show any major effect on your skin. 
OK, now apart from the "curated-by-Vogue" reason, I wanted to buy this box because of Clinique. Yes, it was supposed to be included. In the reviews, I saw the Clinique make-up remover, again something I haven't used before, and a moisture surge sample! But see it always happens that I buy a bunch of things to get a single product only to realize later that I've got everything except for that one product :) I guess I should learn my lesson and stop doing that. 
Skinyoga face mask (I have reviewed it here) is one of the best face masks for Winters. So I am happy! 
H2O+ body butter is something that I bought 10 days back, already using it and it is just superb. I prefer tubes to tubs and this mini-tube I'll keep for my travels. 
Innisfree sheet masks are always effective, and cucumber mask is no exception. It is good when you want something for your face that is quick with no mess, again a good companion when you are travelling.

There were few additional things too!



An oh-so-cute temporary tattoo by T.E.M. It is not a decal; it is a unique and professional technique that provides a matt effect without transparent film on the skin. It lasts 2 to 5 days and fully respects the skin. It applies in 20 seconds. Read more about it on My Envy Blog. Their website is beautiful!





A card by Estée Lauder. There is no store in Dehradun, so will give it to a friend who is here for Diwali :)




There is a L'Occitane spa in the recently opened JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa. But going all the way to Mussoorie to avail the voucher! This again goes to some spa-junkie :)


There was also a cute pouch included. I think they could have got a string attached, to turn it to a potli :) just a thought. . . .

So to summarize, there are few hits and misses for me. I guess I was expecting too much as this was my first box :), but I am surely going to use all the products.





Buy it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?