Wednesday 15 July 2015

For That Glow (Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner)


This is the first time I am using an exfoliating toner. My toning regime was always about calming rose water. But this Pixi Glow Tonic changed the game!

So for me toners are that step of the skincare routine that can be easily skipped. They are more of a luxury/pampering step that take your time when you don't have much! I have been using rose water mists for the past couple of years. And apart from making you feel good, I never thought they do much.


In summers, the story is a little different. I have combination skin and my T zone looks like an oil well! Blackheads enjoy sitting on my nose and I feel like I am on this forever hunt for a solution. 
I had heard so much about the exfoliating toners but used one. Then one fine day, I found this Pixi Glow Tonic on the CultBeauty website. My first order got misplaced and the Cult Beauty team was generous enough to send another :)


So this is an exfoliating toner powerpacked with some fantastic ingredients. Pixi tells to use it twice, but I use it once at night every day as I do not want to go out with this on.

According to Cult Beauty,*

Instantly refreshing, Pixi’s gorgeous glow-giver brightens, tones and conditions your skin after cleansing. Enriched with glycolic acid – a natural derivative of sugar cane, and member of the alpha-hydroxy acid family – this gentle, exfoliating formula dissolves the bonds binding dulling dead cells to skin’s surface, to reveal the ‘new’ healthy skin cells underneath. Aloe then soothes and hydrates while oxygenating ginseng promotes cell health and skin vibrancy; witch hazel firms and tones, while horse chestnut boosts blood flow, to grant your complexion a naturally fresh and dewy radiance. Astonishingly affordable, this is mild yet effective, making it suitable for all skin types – just apply a few drops to a cotton wool pad, and sweep all over skin after cleansing (morning and evening) to gradually diminish signs of sun damage, fine lines, scarring and other imperfections.




This toner actually does what it does. I have actually stopped using physical scrubs on face after buying this, though I still use the Equate scrub sometimes on nose for those pesky blackheads! 
What I love the most is that it doesn't sting my sensitive skin. Also, it tightens the pores around my nose. It actually exfoliates the skin really well. I have been using this for the past 2 weeks and my skin is completely bump free and smooth! It actually brightens up the face. I feel it actually takes its own sweet time to show a difference. But after 2 weeks, my skin feels so soft and supple. I have absolutely no complaints! 


At 18 pounds (though I bought it for £15.00), this is such an affordable product that actually works like a dream. I highly highly recommend this. 

So what are your favourite exfoliators? Any recommendation? 

*From the Cult Beauty website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?