Saturday 25 July 2015

Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer Eye Brush Review


About Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer Eye Brush

The flat, oval-shaped Luxe Soft Definer brush enables soft, smooth transitions. With an ease of application, this royal soft brush provides every eye makeup with a super soft finish, also when you have very small eyes, for a soft look that underlines seductive femininity.

This handcrafted, professional eye brush is perfect for blending and shading eyeshadow and loose pigments.

Hair: natural-synthetic hair mix


Application


Use this brush for the soft blending and shading of pressed powder and loose pigment eyeshadow. The smooth natural hair turns this brush into the perfect tool to blend eyeshadow in the crease. It creates stunning effects and glamorous looks.


Price: Rs 659


After trying out the perfect Blue liner by Zoeva, I wanted explore the bestselling brushes, and my search ended with Zoeva 227 from the Luxe Collection. It is basically a blending brush, but you can do a lot many things with it. The flat brush is good for patting the color on the lid and the round end works great at the crease corner while building up the color. This particular brush blends the shadow amazingly well too! All of us know how important blending is in achieving those countless eye makeup looks we love to try. I use this brush for just a sheer wash of color or a full-blown smoky eye look and it never disappoints.  

 

 


 

The natural-synthetic mix of hair gives it the proper density. It is the softest brush I have used on my eyes so far. If your eye brushes give you that scratchy feel, you need to try this. Because it feels feather-like light on the eyelids, I was thinking that it won’t pick much color but I don’t face any such problem.

  • I also got to know that this is a dupe for MAC 217 blending brush and how some are choosing this over the MAC one. I haven’t used the MAC one, so can’t comment on that. All I can say is that at this price (which is half of MAC I think), the quality is amazing. I would say that if you have to buy just one brush for your eye makeup and you don’t want to spend that much amount of money, you should go for this.

In terms of shedding, there has been absolutely no hair fall-out while washing the brush (I have washed it twice). The hair splay out a bit if not stored properly though, but when washed they take their original shape.    

 



The only downside for me is the natural hair (this brush has goat hair). I mean I always buy synthetic hair brushes; it’s something I prefer. I didn’t pay much attention to the details this time as I wanted this brush ASAP. But that’s a completely personal thing I believe. Yesterday I got to know that there is also a vegan version of the same brush called 227V, with no animal hair (at the same price)!


And yes, ziplock packaging that comes along proves really handy when you are travelling. So overall, a big thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?