Monday 18 May 2015

From AM to PM (Cleansers)




Although I am a skincare maniac, cleansers were never on my priority list for a long time. Getting squeaky clean skin using a good foaming face wash was always the goal! And then came Ms Hirons and everything changed! Washes were out; cleansers were in. Words like foam and sulphate were taken seriously and few changes were made to the cleansing routine.


My cleansing routine also depends a lot on the season as my skin usually behaves differently, like a boss! So currently, it seems mighty sun is having a great time throwing my t-zone in an overwork mode. In short, my superdry skin is supercombi/slightly dehydrated now. Blackheads are back on the nose and giving me nightmares :(




Coming back to the cleansers, there are just two currently. For AM, Organic Surge Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser*. This is basically a cream cleanser. When I say cream, imagine the souffle! It is that smooth :) So I take a pump, massage on my face, and wipe it off with a warm, damp cloth. Next, a splash of cold water and I am good for the usual skincare routine. This cleanser doesn't leave any kind of oily/greasy residue though I usually use a toner afterwards. It removes all the dry patches on my jaw and leaves the skin really supple. 


It is no extraordinary cleanser, but if you are looking for an affordable one, which does what it is supposed to do, go for it! Besides, it has got a decent ingredient list. Some may find the fragrance a little strong; it is the trademark Organic Surge fragrance. It reminds me of the night cream (the intense one). 



For PM, it has to be Forest Delicate Facial Cleanser Mashobra Honey, Lemon and Rosewater**. This is actually my Winter cleanser, but I am still using this partly because of my love for this! This is the mildest foaming gel cleanser I have ever used. Don't panic on reading the dreaded word! The foam actually and surprisingly does not strip your skin dry. It looks like honey and feels like honey :)
And at night, I need something a little stronger, so can't use any cream cleanser. 



*Price for this varies on online sites. Myntra & Flipkart has this.
 ** Rs 975 for 200 ml.

What cleansers are your current favorites? Please share in the comment box below :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?