Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Blue Confusion! (L'Oreal Color Riche le Vernis 625 Blue Rebelle)


So I know the title is a little confusing, but that's what happened with me while ordering this!

Lately, I have rediscovered my love for nail polishes. I mean I have always loved them but my the colors were limited to nudes, corals, pinks.... Experimenting with nail colors was a strict no-no. But last month I saw a friend wearing this stunning blue on her nails and I couldn't stop myself from trying one. I asked her the shade (it was soooo pretty you see) and that shade...yes, that very shade led me to this post on blue confusion.

So she said the shade was Rebel Blue from L'Oreal. I said, "Cool," went to a cosmetic store, the shade was not available as usual. An online order was placed and I got the shade in flat 2 days.
I applied it and it was nowhere close to what I had seen! So I thought may be she forgot the correct name or may be hers was an expired product!!!

But last week, I was at her home, and I saw the color AGAIN! This time I checked the name myself and it was Rebel Blue 610; I noted down, and when came back home, I checked my shade; it was Blue Rebelle 625!!!

So you know...it was...my mistake, but they sound so similar: blue rebel/rebel blue! L'Oreal...you are to be blamed :P



OK enough of the confusions. Coming back to the color, it's a glittery/shimmery ink-blue shade. The texture is not the easiest to work with, with the single coat giving an uneven finish. Also, a single coat doesn't do justice to this beautiful color. What I like is it dries superfast and but then you have to be quick while applying as otherwise the shimmer gives a gritty feel. It sets to a matte finish, something I don't like in nail polishes. I like the shiniest, glossiest nails :)
Other thing that I love is the curved brush tip; makes the whole process so easy!

Sorry for the smudges! I haven't mastered the art yet!


So I make this work for me by applying the Revlon Colorstay topcoat. It adds a little shine and also increases the longevity of the color.



Now it looks exactly like the color in the bottle! I love it :)


     Have you ever gone through the same confusion over a nail polish? Please share in the comment box :) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?