Monday 25 May 2015

Summer Cooler for Your Eyes (Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel)


Hellllooo!!

How's the scorching sun treating you? Heading to the beach or a hill station? This is a never-ending debate in our house, but let's just leave it to that, and come back to today's review which is an eye opener. . .quite literally!



Some details first: I have combi/dry skin in summers; my under-eye area becomes a little oily if I use an eyecream in summers, so I have to stick to gel-based things. I have fine lines, no deep wrinkles; slight shadows but no dark rings. The only thing that annoys me is the puffiness of my undereye area, thanks to all the sleepless nights Person of Interest is giving me!
OK, now let's move forward :)


According to Forest Essentials,
This Eye Gel based on Ayurvedic texts is crafted for protection and rejuvenation of the under eye area. The revitalizing formula in the form of gel is highly enriched with potent herbs that helps lighten the dark circles and sensitive areas under eyes. Cucumber, Katak and Aloe Vera provide essential nourishment whereas Rose water and Vitamin E tone the under-eye area by maintaining its elasticity.

You can read more about the product here.

Now according to me, this gel is good at doing what it is supposed to do, which is cooling and depuffing. I can say that because my undereye area instantly looks rested, flat, moisturized. If you keep this refrigerated, probably it will feel more cooling. Believe me, when you come home after battling the heat and grime the Dehradun weather offers you these days, this would give your eyes a heavenly experience! The ingredient list just re-enforces my belief: cucumber, rose water, aloe vera, and so on, all my favourites!


Now my husband argues that any gel can have the same effect; he says all gels are cooling and soothing, and since I don't have any major undereye problem, how can I be sure of anything that the company claims! That's a lot!
Well, I am not here to approve or falsify claims. I am just here to share my opinion :) Peace!
 So, 
1. if your undereye ares just feels tired, this can relax it a bit;
2. if you have itchy skin just above your cheek (at the peaks to be precise), this soothes it;
3. if you have a minor windburn around the eye area, this gel pacifies!




I have heard people comparing this with the Patanjali aloe gel, but I don't think they are in the same league. I can say that because I also use that one religiously. First, there is a huuuge price difference; second, this one is particularly for your undereye area whereas Patanjali can used anywhere on the face I believe; third, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, this one actually feels like water and gets absorbed after few seconds without feeling sticky. Patanjali one rubs off like eraser marks when it dries. You can actually feel it peeling off. So I use it like an undereye pack and wash it off. I works better that way. I love both and need both!

Price seems steep considering the quantity, but a little goes a long way. The price has been increased I guess and the packaging has changed too, but I hope the quality is the same or better.   

  
So, what are your eye coolers this summer? Do share with me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?