Friday 26 September 2014

Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser and Conditioner (Indian Rose Absolute)



In search of that perfect SLS-free shampoo-conditioner for my dry, frizzy hair, I have tried many. Some were epic failures, some were good. So did the search end with FE?

About the Indian Absolute Hair Cleanser


Price: Rs 775
Qt: 200 ml



The gently cleansing shampoos with Amla Juice, Ritha, Soya protein, Coconut Oil and herbal infusions give natural shine, swing and fragrance. Our shampoos, based on Ayurvedic formulae, are free from harsh sulphate cleansers. 
Coconut oil helps keep hair healthy, promotes hair growth and enhances shine. 
Reetha contains Saponin, used in preparation of quality Ayurvedic shampoos. It gives a natural colour and silky feel to the hair, removes excess oil and promotes hair growth. 
Soya Protein promotes moisture retention and has mild cleansing properties. 
Bhringraj is excellent for hair growth, strengthens the hair and nourishes and prevents dandruff. 
Shikakai fruit is popularly referred as "fruit for the hair" as it has a naturally mild pH that gently cleans the hair without stripping it of natural oils and encourages strong hair roots. Heena provides conditioning, natural shine as well as strength to the roots of hair. 
Rose has cooling, soothing and moisturizing properties. 
Combinations of gentle plant-derived cleansing agents, adjusted to the hair’s natural pH, contain Phytokeratin with rehydrating and strengthening properties. 

Ingredients



My experience



I have very dry, frizz-prone hair. That is the reason I have to think over and over before buying a shampoo. This shampoo is recommended for dry hair on the company website. I bought it through Jabong because shipping is free! 
Now if you compare the ingredient list in the picture and that mentioned on the website, you'll find they are different: see sweet almond oil, methi. This is a little confusing or may be they haven't updated the website yet.
Shampoo has honey-like consistency. These days I wash my hair twice a week, and it lathers enough to clean hair. 

What I like

1. The shampoo is really mild. I know what is not mild because of my dry hair. Though it is SLS-free, it lathers and cleanses quite well.

2. The fragrance!!!! That sweet gulkand smell (if you know what gulkand is!). Rose is my favourite, the only fragrance that doesn't give me headaches :)

3. All the good ingredients: Herbs are extracted following the method prescribed in Ayurveda for better potency. Natural derived cleansers are used instead of Sulfates. They are free from petrochemicals, animal products, PEGs, synthetic colours, alcohol and parabens, in keeping with the tradition of Ayurveda. Superb!

What I don't like



1. Although mild, it is not hydrating enough for my dry hair. It does not control frizz. If my hair are a greasy at the roots, it doesn't cleanse well. If I use twice, hair are dry :(

2. The pump dispenser - I mean why??? They have changed the packaging from a stick-in cap with a hole to a pump, which is not helping at all! The shampoo is really thick, and for my waist-long hair, it takes ages to come out :(

3. The price, to some extent.
 
4. Availability, as usual.


About the Indian Absolute Hair Conditioner


Price: Rs 875
Qt: 200 ml

 


These intensive Conditioners are enriched with Shikakai, Henna, Brahmi, Indian spikenard and Jojoba oil for smooth and glossy hair. Coconut oil helps keep hair healthy, promotes hair growth and enhances shine. Reetha gives a natural colour and silky feel to the hair and promotes hair growth. Soya Protein helps retain moisture. Bay Leaf contains Eugenol, which has anti-oxidant properties. Bhringraj is excellent for hair growth, strengthens the hair, nourishes and prevents dandruff. Heena provides conditioning, natural shine as well as strength to the roots of hair. Rose has cooling, soothing properties, promotes a feeling of well being and harmony.

Ingredients



My experience



The consistency is that of a lotion. This conditioner took me by surprise. I am used to those conditioners which feel slimy, as those are the ones I have always used. First you apply it, then you waste a lot of water and time while rinsing it off as it doesn't come off easily. 
But this one is completely different. It is not as thick as those. You apply and it just vanishes in your hair. I mean you just can't feel the conditioner in your hair irrespective of how many times and how much you apply. Then you rinse it off, quite easy again. No more extra water required, no slimy feeling. The hair feel clean, squeaky clean. The first time, it was weird for me. 
One thing that you must know is that your hair won't feel soft after rinsing off. I am saying this because we are really used to the conditioners that contain silicones. If you use a comb or detangle your hair while conditioning, this conditioner won't work! Anyway, combing or brushing wet hair is not good, so leave it :)
But, now comes the best part. As soon as your hair are dry, you can see the difference! They are soft! really soft! So the conditioning is felt only when the hair are dry. This is my personal experience and it may change from person to person.

What I like



1. It is by far one of the best conditioners I have used. It moisturizes the hair without weighing down.

2. No siliconey feeling.

3. It works with other shampoos too. I use it with the Bodyshop shampoo and it works fine.

4. I can't leave the fragrance part! It is heavenly :)

5. Controls frizz to some extent.


What I don't like


1. The price definitely and availability.

Overall verdict: The Indian Rose Absolute hair care range by Forest Essentials is really good. I like the conditioner more. If you have extremely dry hair, I won't suggest the shampoo. I am not sure about buying the shampoo again, but I am going to stick to the conditioner for some time now.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?