Wednesday 17 September 2014

Naked by Lisa Haydon - Apricot Honey Fudge with Aloe Vera by (A Review)




So, the response I got for the last post was unexpected! The potion really did some magic! Or was it the magic of the person behind the brand? Thank you Lisa :) and thank you everyone!



There is one more product that I have used from the range -  the Apricot Honey Fudge with Aloe Vera. Now the journey to get this awesome little jar was a little bumpy! The destination was even bumpier! No, no, the product was good! But...OK I won't divulge the details. 
First I had real trouble placing the order. Then it took ages for the product to reach me (read: after a series of mails and some serious miscommunication). I was really irritated by then. Finally, I got a box which was half opened, wet from inside; the jar had leaked I guess. I was really disheartened.
Then the jar opened with a pop sound, with some white fumes. Yes! I am serious! I knew that that was not the right sign. I had to tell the team about it. I wrote, they said some team would contact me; it never happened. I was told the product would be replaced. It never happened. I was . . . I don't know how I felt. 
Returning the product was never my aim. But being a customer I actually wanted them to contact me, to ask or clarify. Don't you think so? A new brand, that too by a well-known person who is adored by all. But you know what, she was sweet enough to reply and clarify! She told me that due to the peak summers and the product being completely organic, this happened. I was convinced. What she did, I wanted that from the Fab bag team, simple courtesy. 
But anyway, enough of my story now. Come back to the product!  

About the brand

Naked is a line of organic beauty products by model and actress, Lisa Haydon. Evolution of everything in this world started Naked. Hence the name. Every jar of Naked Organics is handmade, with the goodness from natural ingredients. Naked is 100% natural.

About the product

Price: Rs 699
Qt: 75 g
Buy it on Fab bag

This Apricot Honey Fudge Pack is rich with Vitamin C and has anti-ageing properties. Because this product is free of preservatives, it must be stored in the refrigerator. Naked is 100% natural. Use this face pack, for soft, supple and well balanced skin. 

Ingredients

Apricot kernel husks, organic aloe vera & organic honey. Simple!

How to use

Smear generously onto clean face. Leave on till dry. Rinse off and pat dry. Keep refrigerated. Natural separation is normal. Stir and use if the product is separated.  
*Being 100% organic, this product has a shelf life of 1 month and would require refrigeration.

Product review


1. It is a face pack + scrub. It contains apricot kernek husk, so the texture is not smooth. But it is not harsh on the skin. I never use scrubs because of the sensitive skin that I have. They either aggravate the problem or do nothing. This is by far the safest choice I have made for my skin. It is mild yet effective. 

2. I wasn't really sure about using this on my face, so I did patch tests twice. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin though I do need a moisturizer afterward, but no after-scrub itchiness that is left when I use other scrubs.

       

3. I guess my product was drier because of all the leakage. So applying it was a bit messy, with the pack falling all over. I used to mix it with raw milk before applying.

4. It does not remove blackheads. But it definitely gives you that clean face with a glow! Your skin is smoother.

5. The downer is again availability. And after this experience I am not sure about buying from Fab Bag again. But I  really want to try the oatmeal mask. So may be. . . . Next is the shelf life! 1 month is not enough if you are not regular with the product.

6. Also, they should do something about the packaging. Jars are cute, but they should be sealed or we can have a small cover inside the lid that can keep the product intact.

If you haven't found your perfect scrub, try this. It is really good.

Couldn't throw away this cute little jar!

  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?