Monday 22 June 2015

Conceal it! (Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer)



I have a love-hate relationship with concealers. Some seem good for spots but crease under the eyes; some do not crease, but do not highlight, and so forth. For me a concealer should not crease, should work a little on the highlighting part, shouldn't be too creamy either, the list is endless!

What if you get your dream product in the market, that too at an affordable price!!!


  
I don't use concealer on a daily basis. But concealers become really important when right before a special occasion you get that pesky, little pimple on your chin.

If you are familiar with Lisa Eldridge's technique, you'll know how this product helps you in achieving your desired look without looking cakey or unnatural. You can find the video here if you haven't seen it.




The shade I use is Sand Sable 20. It has beige undertones which perfectly match with my skin tone. It has a doe foot applicator but I usually use the lipliner brush for application and buff it with a small buffing brush or pat with fingers. 




It has a creamy consistency and blends quite well. Also, it doesn't crease under the eyes or settle into fine lines. I can't say the same about deep wrinkles. I usually set it with Bourjois powder, and it stays for 5 to 6 hours, which is good for a drugstore concealer. It provides medium coverage and I love it for covering mild hyperpigmentation around the chin.

It is called a dupe for Nars Creamy concealer, but I haven't used it so can't really comment on that. This has a good shade range too.

The price range varies on the Internet and may range from Rs 550 to Rs 1000 as it is not available widely in Indian stores yet. I got mine from iBhejo.com on a buy 1 get 1 offer. So, for me it is value for money. 

I have found my favorite drugstore concealer. Please do share your favs too in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?