Monday 8 June 2015

Rose Water Splash (Kama Ayurveda & Oilcraft Naturals)


I looove rose fragrance. And here in India, rose water or gulab jal is an integral part of any beauty routine. I have been using rose water for years (different brands, of course) and I still very much love it.


Currently, I have two favourites. Oilcraft Naturals (Rs 400 for 200 ml) is going to be over soon, and so I have already bought the Kama Ayurveda (Rs 725 for 200 ml) one. 



Kama Ayurveda is a well-known Ayurvedic brand, with a huge fan following I am sure. Their Kumkumadi oil is one of the best products.

According to Kama Ayurveda,*

KAMA Ayurveda Pure Rosewater is made from the roses of Kannauj, a region in North India, rich in white soil conductive to roses' growth. The Kannauj rose is considered special...it has the same specifications as the Bulgarian rose.
Kama rosewater can also be used as an aftershave. Aftershaves are basically toners, however because most aftershaves are primarily made of alcohol and perfume, they damage the skin by disturbing the recovery of the mantle, which is destroyed by shaving soap and razor blade use.


Oilcraft Naturals is also an Ayurvedic brand. According to them,*

Oilcraft Naturals Premium Rose Water is a very refreshing and uplifting skin tonic , toner and cleanser. The crop for this pure rose water is cultivated exclusively in the North Indian town of Kannauj in UP, famous for its rich white clay. It restores the skin's pH balance the heals the skin naturally.This rose water works as an excellent astringent, toner and cleanser.It is a fantastic body and face splash for the hot summers and muggy monsoons and works as a superior base with glycerin to keep the skin hydrated during winters. 


Both are nonalcoholic toners with astringent properties.

If I compare the two, I found few differences. First of all the price! Kama is also available in a smaller size (Rs 185 for 50 ml), so great for carrying in the bag during summers. 

Then Kama one is a little, just a little more hydrating than the other. 

I wouldn't call them mists. They are more like sprays. Kama one has a finer spray. Oilcraft is more like rose water drizzle on face! I love both as they smell divine and I am a big time rose fragrance fan. 
There is nothing more satisfying than a spray of cool rose water on a humid day!


  I have also used the Panchpushp water from Oilcraft in the past. It's the most hydrating of the three I believe, so I used it up during winters.

Many people consider face mists/sprays to be more of a luxury thing. But I think they are multipurpose. You can use them with mud packs, dilute creams, cool off a rash, and so on.
And there are many affordable versions too, like FabIndia. It is really good. Then we have our good old Dabur Gulabari (my first rose water!).

So what are your thoughts on it? Do share with me. :) 

*From the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?